Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ray of Light

Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.

"I wanna be in the light
as you are in the light
I wanna shine like the stars
in the Heavens
Oh, Lord be my light
and be my Salvation
'cause all I want is to be in the light." ~ DC Talk

This morning, I looked out the back window noticed that there were men in hard hats walking around in my back yard! I knew that they were coming, I just didn't know the exact day and time. The power company was cutting tree branches away from the power lines ~ preventative maintenance ~ protecting us and our house from any power outages or fires. And an extra perk ~ by cutting away harmful branches, we now have more light in the backyard!

Is it just me or is the symbolism so thick that it doesn't need any explaining! An expected event at an unexpected time ~ Cutting away things that are in the wrong place to prevent further damage ~ Light restored to a place that had fallen into shadow. I am taking this as a good sign of life restored at the most unexpected moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Signs are real. And I love that y'all have more light and didn't have to cut them back yourselves!