Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Night Lights

So, as you saw, Lace was feeling well enough to get online for a while and do a brief post as well as review all of your comments. My blogger account does not have permission to post the comments, so they've all been pending for a few days. Sorry about that!

Earlier today Lace was out of bed and walked around the room and out into the hallway just a bit with a walker. She did real well and probably could have gone further but they are being conservative with her because her sodium levels are still a little off and they want to get that corrected before going hog wild with the activity. Also, because her levels were still not where they want them to be, she will be spending tonight again in the NSCU. But we expected 2 days here from the beginning, so no worries. She continues to make good progress and is looking pretty chipper this evening. I am optimistic she will be out of the NSCU tomorrow and she will likely also lose her catheter then and be walking the halls. So, that is a preview of tomorrow.

Also, below are some pics of Lace. The shot of the back of her head is from the day after surgery when they changed her bandage dressings. The other two shots are from today and that is the ace bandage "turban" they've had her wearing all along. Kind of looks a little like Bert (from Sesame Street) meets I Dream of Jeannie with her hair tumbling out the top!!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Lace baby, you look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Baby, you look so much better than I expected. But from someone who's been in the ring a few times and out, I know you have paid the price to walk out still standing. You are quite the trouper and always my hero. I love you. I guess I can now talk to you? Dad

Lisa said...

Good lookin' zipper, kiddo!!! Seriously, you look really good! You are very photogenic, even in a turban!

Hugs!!!
Lisa

Aunt Lisa said...

So glad to see that smiling face! We keep praying for you here in Brunswick. I talked to Dr McCormick today about you and he wanted me to send you his best as well!

RedSunshine said...

Hey Lacie -
Looking good! We're sending hugs and good vibes and hope you get busted outta there soon. Hang in there, John, look like you're doing a great job.
Kelly W & Eric S

Dee Hall said...

You go girl!!! You look great! Nice do! Take it easy...get the rest your body needs. Cant wait to talk to you...keep me posted on your progress.

Hugs Dee

Debbie said...

WOW Lacie....you look great. Hope things go well for you today and you can get up and start moving around more..I know you aren't one for sitting still for long.

John...the description of the pictures is hysterical...leave it to you to add a little humor. I love it!!!!

Feel better soon Lacie...

Debbie

jcubsdad said...

That incision looks GREAT!! Smooth, straight and before you know it your hair will be growing right over it.

Laci, you are healing so well. Get that sodium up, get some Mcdonalds fries and a chocolate shake... you deserve it girl!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lacie: It is so good to see you! I am wishing you a stong and steady recovery. Love, Katie

Anonymous said...

Lace~

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. I keep checking in to be updated....hang in there kiddo, the scary part is over, now it is smoothe sailing from here (at least I hope).

Will try and stop by when u are home and feeling up to it.

Your NCPW family is cheering you on from Latham and tell John I am jealous he found mallomars....

Hugs and cheers~

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Cool souvenir! Hope your feeling better! -G

Anonymous said...

Looking good, lady! I had no idea your PFD was recently! I knew it was in December, but forgot when. Shows how much I keep track. OOPS!

Gotta love PT just after surgery eh? Blah! By the looks of it you didn't have Dr. B doing your neck exercises eh? Boy that man is forceful! HAHA! I love him anyway! It will get better though. I promise!

Keep your chin up and I hope to talk with you soon on Facebook! :)

Toodles!

<3 Kristen
www.freewebs.com/chiariwarrior

Anonymous said...

Keep om keeping on babe you look great! XOXO-Katherine

Ginger said...

I am getting ready to have this surgery and I am scared! I just want to have a normal life again. Thank you for sharing your story and photos.