Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blessing In Diguise

OK, finally I was able to get upload images from my 3D CT scan of my head. How surreal is this to get this up close and personal?!!! My intention in publishing this beautiful pic of my head wasn't to freak any of you out, but from a medical miracle perspective.

The C1 vertebrae is the tiny one at the base of my skull. My surgery pretty much did away with that vertebrae, leaving the C2 to hold my head up on my shoulders. Remember how I mentioned that my C2 was freaky big? Well look at it ~ it's bigger than bot the C3 and C4 put together! Talk about a blessing in disguise. Clearly this is a birth defect that I had never known about or seen until now. In looking at the big picture, the fact that my C2 is mis-shapened and clearly overdeveloped, I have a good chance of avoiding the fusion surgery later.

6 comments:

Aimee Zemanek said...

Lacie

Thank God for blessings in disguise.

I am amazed and calmed by your amazing spirit and progress in such a short time since your surgery.

I pray you continue to heal as fast as possible.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Ya those 3-D CT scans freak out people for sure! You could actually see my shut (valve and all) with mine. Imagine that! It was sooo cool! I'm weird that way! :)

WOW! That sounds awsome! I sure hope it turns out that way for your (or anyone's) sake! Avoiding Fusion = VERY GOOD!

Take care lady and keep healing!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

<3 Kristen
www.freewebs.com/chiariwarrior

jcubsdad said...

wow, I never got the cool 3 D image of my head... guess I did not need it.

I did get 4 MRI's and 3 CT scans... and a partridge in a pear tree to go with it though.

you sound fabulous... keep healing!

Anonymous said...

It's almost like... God knew about this issue and was preparing your body through an overgrown vertebrae to take on the job of 2 vertebrae after this process. Some might say is a grand coincidence. Others say it's really...well we know what it is. :)

Landon

lace1070 said...

I think Sanctus Real says it best ~ "Whatever You're doing inside of me. It feels like chaos but I believe ~You're up to something bigger than me. Larger than life something Heavenly."

Seeing the 'big picture' is so hard to do ~

:: Cindy Chick Designs :: said...

Were you told that you have an elongated styloid process?