Wednesday, August 15, 2007

FEAR

FEAR is real ~ FEAR can be paralyzing or give you the strength to do the impossible. Rosa Parks was quoted as saying, "I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear." I totally agree with her statement and can reflect that my initial fear has diminished now that I know what must be done.

Here I go ~ I am going to fly my Lord of the Rings (LOTR) freak flag high, again, brace yourself. Mount Doom ~ it's an ominous, scary place that reeks of fear. I could cower, shield my eyes, look away ~ but that's not me ~ I'm headed toward the very place that others run from.

Getting there is hard ~ the air is oppressive ~ it's going to get very uncomfortable during my journey ~ but it's a means to an end. My brain tail is broken ~ the longer I hold onto it the worse I feel. I want to throw it into the fire ~ be rid of it! This is my journey to take ~ my burden to bear. It feels like I am moving at a snails pace just getting there ~ but I am still in motion ~ still standing ~ still breathing.

Frodo: "I cannot do this alone."

[Galadriel turns back.]

Galadriel: "You are a Ring bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of power is to be alone."

[Galadriel lifts her hand up. A ring adorns her finger.]

Galadriel: "This is Nenya, the Ring of Adamant, and I am its Keeper. This task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will."

Frodo: "Then I know what I must do. It's just… I'm afraid to do it."

[Galadriel bends down to meet him at eye level.]

Galadriel: "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."


Psalm 27:1 [ Of David. ] The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 112:7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FOTU - "......I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure..........I now live by presence, lean by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power. My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear......."

xoxo