Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tree Roots

A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm, but the tree can't grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon.

~ Dali Lama


This quote was in the book that I am currently reading and it really resonated within my core. The process of growing strong roots has been a slow and sometimes painful process throughout my life. I believe that those of us who have tragic events in our life choose at that moment to stand firm and start growing roots or wither and die. "Hunker down" ~ that's Texas lingo for stand your ground and hold fast to whatever gives you strength.


Lately I have been drawing strength from my roots ~ they are keeping me anchored, grounded. They have found water in a land of draught ~ It's a good thing that I don't rely on good news from doctors and insurance companies for nourishment ~ I would have expired several months ago. Instead, I have kept myself alive by relying on scriptures ~ the undeniable truths that I am never alone in this journey. Despite the drought ~ this is where I belong ~ in this moment in my life! There has to be a greater purpose for these trials.

Jeremiah 17:8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

1 comment:

C Wilson said...

Amen Lacie, I am so grateful that I have my faith in the Lord to hold me up. What would I do without the assurance that things are unfolding as they should and I am safe in the Lord's care.

I may not understand yet what these trials are here to teach me but I am open to learning.

I don't worry about my future as I know it is bright. Your future is bright too and better than you can possibly even imagine!

hugs,
Caroline