Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Things To Do During Recovery


I have been trying to get organized and prepare myself for my upcoming surgeries. Trying to tie up loose ends ~ planning what to pack for the hospital. I have asked my chiari blog buddies to share their experiences ~ I want as many details as I can get so that I know what to expect. The consensus from the group has been pretty consistent ~ the first week or two after tethered cord and brain surgery are rough, but the boredom during the recovery period can flat out make you go completely bonkers! So, I have been filling up my Netflix list with movies in anticipation of fighting the boredom.

Since I am a Libra, I have an incredibly hard time making decision when I have a plethora of choices. I was thinking about all of the movies that I absolutely love and in creating the collage up above I have come to the conclusion that I am a bit of a hopeless romantic, which actually comes as a surprise to me. True, I have some sci-fi, drama, adventure movies sprinkled in there ~ but the ones that stick with me really tugged on my heart strings.

If you have any favorites and would like to share them with me, maybe I will add them to my growing list of must sees. I love movies ~ maybe it's my way of escaping for a while ~ they stay with me ~ people who know me usually can't have a conversation with me without hearing a quote from a movie slip into a thought, my precious. Movies inspire me ~ encourage me ~ make me laugh and cry ~ take me to far away places.

AFI 100 greatest movie quotes (montage)







An uber movie buff friend of mine sent me this video clip ~ it's super clever and has left me wondering what some of the movie titles are ~ enjoy ~

100 Movies, 100 Quotes, 100 Numbers







4 comments:

TheStolenOlive said...

Somewhere in Time is my all time favorite movie.

It was released in 1980 and stars Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

Rent it and let me know what you think.

Unknown said...

You are only going to have time to watch Emperor of the Sea.

Unknown said...

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

Puglet said...

OOOOO I'm a Libra too. I wanted to read books, but I was all cross eyed ( NOT gonna happen to you) and couldnt hold my neck up. So what did I do? I netflixed myself silly with every chick flick and self indulgent socially reprehensible piece of "film" out there. So I can't make any recomendations, other than don't try and think to hard, and I liked stupid movies, because since I constantly needed a nap or something of the sort, I wasn't struggling through a film with meaning ( that I was sure missing at the time). It's also a good time for any Woody Allen or Scorcese. I dunno why, but it is. S