Sunday, July 15, 2007

Quiet Reflections

A couple of days have gone by ~ I have had time to digest "Give me the clay!" The world around me is always spinning so fast (literally) and the noise level is indescribable ~ a not so pleasant side effect from my rouge brain tail. I shouldn't complain, most people with Chiari report hearing loss ~ but then again, have I EVER done anything normally?

My point I am trying to make ~ I find myself bombarded by loud noises and can't seem to find the volume knob to tune it down a little bit. It's hard to even hear the thoughts inside my head. So, yesterday, I slipped away and went for a long walk along the river. My iPod was set to play my inspirational mix ~ I was starting to digest the meaning of the message I had gotten this week.

Something I have learned is that the messages don't come without a sense of urgency. There is a message I need to be receiving, NOW. They come with hidden and obvious meanings. This time ~ I didn't have any clay in my hands at the time of the message and I don't even own any clay ~ so I am leaning heavily on the hidden message within.

The most obvious place to start when I get a message from God is his book, The Bible. When I got home I looked up some verses about clay ~ these are some of the verses that resonated:

2 Corinthians 4:7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. [ Greek We now have this treasure in clay jars.] This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

Isaiah 64:8 And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand.

Translation ~ relevant to my life ~ I have been formed just the way God intended to ~ rogue brain tails, over abundant collagen gene mutations, connective tissue disorders, cranial settling, tight filum terminale ~ to name a few. Light shining in my heart ~ I could use more of that ~ bring it on. These passages give me a moment of peace, knowing that I am right where I should be ~ nothing more or less ~ just please don't ask me to make a clay pot for you ~ how about a lump of clay?

No comments: