Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Eye of the Tiger

Time to put on my game face ~ take a deep breath ~ one foot in front of the other. There's nothing like an unexpected obstacle right here at the home stretch. I am fighting a cold ~ not willing to let it take me down and delay my surgery. Taking Vitamin C by the handful ~ tomorrow is another day ~ I am convinced I will feel like a healthy person when the sun comes up.

Headed south tomorrow morning ~ taking a day to relax and prepare for pre-op stuff ~ Prayers are already being answered ~ we got word this morning that we got into the Variety House ~ one less thing to worry about. Hard to believe that I am officially on medical leave now. Check back in for updates on Friday. Worshiping Him in the waiting ~ Operation Covertly Invisible Tethered Cord commencing in 2 days ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless!

Debbie said...

Good Luck with the surgery. Prayers to you and your family from now till the second surgery is done and you are on your way to recovery. Enjoy today and at least the afternoon of tomorrow - keep looking to the sky for brighter things!!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all very often. May God keep you all safe. -Kim

C Wilson said...

Hi Lace,

I'm so sorry I missed connecting with you before you headed out. I have been a very bad friend lately. I have been feeling so ill and even being upright has been a struggle.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I prayer that everything goes smoothly and that you are back home and recovering before you know it. I know that you are in the best possible hands at TCI and that the Lord has his loving arms wrapped around you.

big hugs,

Caroline

Q said...

You are in my prayers!

Jenn said...

I hope you are feeling better! Have fun in pre op I had to wait for ever. Good luck, my thoughts are with with.

Dee Hall said...

Good luck Lacie..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...you are one step closer to the road to recovery..

Dee