Thursday, May 1, 2008

Half Empty

Driving into work this morning I glanced down at my gas gauge and made a mental note to put gas in the car later today ~ I am past the half full mark. Gas prices in NY have risen to $3.73 per gallon and that's for unleaded. Seriously, I shouldn't complain, my Prius has been getting about 48 miles to the gallon lately ~ true story!

Further on down the road the song, Empty Me, by American Idol alum Chris Sligh came on the radio. Hmmm ~ seems like the word 'empty' is the word of the day! Ordinarily I would view that word as negative, but after listening to the lyrics of Chris' song I have a change of heart. Maybe I have had it wrong all this time. I think of myself as a 'half full' kind of girl ~ but maybe 'half empty' is better? Read some of the lyrics I posted below ~ listen to his song ~ and let me know what do you think.

I know how I can stray and how fast my heart can change. Empty me of this selfishness inside and every vain ambition and the poison of my pride ~ Lord empty me ~ so I can be filled with you ~ every thing is a lesser thing compared to you ~ so I surrender all.


No comments: