Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shadow and Light ~ Side By Side

The last couple of days have really been challenging for my brain to figure out where I am. According to the calendar, I was scheduled for my brain decompression yesterday and yet I wasn't there, I was home. I am thankful for answered prayers ~ for evading brain surgery for now, but still feel like I am waiting for that second shoe to fall. The facts are that I still have my brain tail and I just have to be aware of my symptoms.

For the most part, I am pretty symptom free, but this week I have had an occasional Chiari headache ~ not unbearable ones ~ but back of the head headaches. This past week I was probably the most active I have been since my detethering. I walked at least 4 times this week for an hour at a time and have been working out on pully machines at the gym to gain strength in my back.

On my walk on Thursday morning, the sun was shining brightly. As I was walking, with my back towards the sun, I noticed my shadow ahead of me. She was keeping time with my pace, but always ahead of me. Reminded me that shadows are evidence of sun. When I turned around to walk back towards the car my face was illuminated by sun rays ~ no more shadows ~ amazing how the sun can be just an one-hundred-eighty degree turn away!

4 comments:

C Wilson said...

Lace, I'm so thrilled to hear how well you are doing and that you are almost symptoms free! God truly does work miracles, doesn't he?

I have managed to get out into nature and fresh air a few times in the last week and it is so good for the soul and the body. Makes you smile on the inside :)

hugs,

Caroline

Anonymous said...

Just wondering. Maybe you are doing your usual Lacie and pushing the envelope a bit. Stay to the recovery plan and keep it moderate. Your description of your activit sounds like a "person" who hasn't just had some pretty invasive surgery. Just being a worry wort Dad. Love you squirt! Dad

Unknown said...

"Shadows are evidence of sun."

Wow.

Sherri said...

Hi Lace,

Thinking of you!!
Love, Sherri

www.caringbridge.org/oh/kara