Sunday, October 7, 2007

Exhausted

The pajama/sleepover was a huge success and I absolutely couldn't have pulled it off without the support of my family! Saturday started out as a typical ~ "I should stay in bed all day long" ~ kind of day. I awoke with a pounding Chiari headache and I was having a lot of pain in my legs which made it even harder to walk much less stand for several hours at a party.

My family took over for me for a couple of hours ~ Mom shuttled the cheerleaders around to their game ~ my husband feverishly spruced up the house and took care of picking up the cake and other party essentials. I took some heavy duty meds and took a nap for a couple of hours. I was having a battle with my brain tail ~ telling it to cool it's jets ~ not today ~ it wasn't an option for me to miss this party that I had planned ~ my presence was needed. Mind over matter ~ I am constantly amazed at the power of the mind to ignore pain and focus on what needs to be done.

Lessons learned ~ if you send out 18 invitations ~ expect them all to come to the party! Well ~ actually 2 couldn't come, but add my daughters into the count ~ that makes 18! Half of them went home at 8pm ~ the rest stayed up until 1am and were up at 7am ~ the party was a success. Mission accomplished.

No comments: