Monday, September 10, 2007

I Will Go Through The Valley

Strange feeling ~ this place I am in ~ I am inside a swirling vortex with no clear way out ~ but stranger, still, I feel surrounded, protected, spoken for ~ the awesome peace that passes understanding ~ Present but introspective ~ maintaining balance on the outside, but turmoil on the inside.

I heard this song today on my way into work ~ again ~ the words have spoken to my heart. I am clinging to the promise that God is not through with me ~ that my trials will bring me closer to Him.

I frequently feel so alone and afraid during this journey ~ angry with the whole insurance system ~ it's painfully clear that I am just a name on a sheet of paper to them ~ not a human with a life. And yet ~ I still believe that all of this is happening to me and my family for a reason ~ more will be revealed in time.





If You Want Me To ~ Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to

3 comments:

Puglet said...

ah..the "code in a chart" feeling.
We're both coming up on a year since our brain tails were discovered, or were starting to,aren't we? September?

It might not seem this way, but I think you're going to be so much better able to handle it all than I was. I did all my worrying after the fact. You get to do yours before.

Not helpful, eh? I'll just send you hugs then ;)

Anonymous said...

Great song!! Sending much love to you!!

Anonymous said...

Great Song! Sending you much love!!