Monday, September 17, 2007

Please Wait

Today ~ I called my PCP's referral office to find out if they had made an appointment with my 5th neuro surgeon yet. They have had a full week to set up an appointment for me ~ I have been more than patient ~ I don't understand what's taking so long! When I spoke with someone at the office, they told me that the referral went through and I was good to go. WHAT? Was something lost in translation???

Apparently ~ they had written down that I was able to get an appointment, even though it was a month from now ~ SERIOUSLY??!!! I informed them that I do not have an appointment, because the surgeon's office won't let patients make their own appointments ~ the doctor's office has to do it. So, very tactfully, I kindly asked my PCP's office to please make an appointment for me and call me back today with the date and time. So, shock of all shockers, they didn't call me back ~ still no appointment ~ I will have to call them again in the morning.

As you can probably imagine, by the time I got home from work today I was not in the greatest of moods. So I grabbed my running shoes and headed out for a walk on the trail. When I got in my car, my radio/cd player didn't have any sound coming out of it ~ nice ~ another annoyance to add to the day. By the time I got to the trail I was more than ready to hit the ground running to unload some of the built up frustration from the day. I turned on my Nano and glanced at the power gauge and it was on red with the tiniest amount of power left.

At that point ~ I lost it ~ I couldn't handle one more thing going wrong ~ and NOW ~ I was going to be on my run ~ all alone ~ in the silence ~ I just couldn't take it today. I went ahead and clicked my music to my 'inspirational mix' and started moving. The song that came on couldn't have been more perfect ~ Josh Groban's 'You Raise Me Up' followed by 'You're Never Alone' ~ Talk about hearing the words of God ~ and such a quiet reassurance that I am not alone in all of this and there are reasons for the obstacles that are beyond my comprehension.

"You Raise Me Up"

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.