Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Welcome to the Planet


Last night, around 7:30pm, I had just gotten off the phone with my Mom. She was giving me the latest update on my sister's labor progress or lack thereof. Things were progressing at a snails pace ~ I was really torn ~ wanting to be there with her, but knowing there was nothing I could do to make the journey to motherhood easier.

All of my life, nature has spoken to me when I needed a sign that God was totally in charge of the situation. I turned my gaze upon the back yard and low and behold, I found myself staring back at a beautiful male cardinal. He sang his song and looked right back at me. I knew in that moment that everything was going to be ok. Then, a song came on the radio ~ with these lyrics:

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?

How appropriate and true these words were! This morning I became an aunt and very soon I will meet my nephew!

No comments: