Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dandelion Soup

I went on a run after work yesterday ~ I know ~ doctors orders are to cease running on hard surfaces ~ but I am stubborn and don't do anything cold turkey. Anyway, back to my story, I was enjoying the sunshine on my face and noticing that my legs were beginning to feel like bags of concrete, when something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention.

I focused my eyes on the moving object and I found myself watching
a cottontail bunny running as fast as her legs could carry her across the street. I politely gave the bunny a nod and said, 'Well hello, bunny rabbit!' What was so priceless about our meeting was that she had a perfectly picked dandelion in her mouth. I am guessing that she was on her way to feed her baby rabbits some dandelion soup. Since the animal kingdom has been speaking to me more loudly lately, I looked up the meaning of the rabbit totem and found that they often represent fear and overcoming limited beliefs. Maybe it's a sign to be more open minded and put more faith in the unseen.

No comments: