Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Waiting With Great Anticipation

Soon, very soon, I will be able to claim the long awaited title of 'Aunt'. My little sister is almost a Mom. It seems like a decade ago since this picture was taken. My youngest and her older sister can hardly stand the suspense of waiting to find out what their baby cousin will look like.

Surprises are not that commonplace anymore, but choosing not to find out if you are having a boy or a girl and then waiting 9 (really 10) months for the answer is tough! I am tired of waiting ~ I want to know if I am going to have a niece or a nephew. We will all know the answer in a couple of short weeks. But then again, I wonder why I doubt myself and my intuitions on the matter.

One July (2006) morning, I was standing at the sink, doing dishes, and looking out the window. Suddenly, a vision flashed before my eyes, I saw myself standing at the same sink, but with a baby in my arms wrapped in a pink blanket. At the time, I dismissed the vision as 'random', but after I learned that my sister was pregnant and due in April, well ~ you do the math.

No comments: