Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I See You

Sunday afternoon, I was relaxing at my in-laws house in the country. I was reading and suddenly got the feeling that a pair of eyes were looking at me. I glanced up and realized that a deer was purposely peering through the window and making eye contact with me. We just looked at each other for a couple of minutes ~ we were definitely communicating. As of late, I have had many random animal sightings. Nature has always had a way of speaking to me and grabbing my attention. So when something like this happens, I pause and ponder what kind of deeper meaning the universe is trying to tell me.

I looked up info regarding the symbolism of deer and was quite surprised by what I found.

Biblically, David refers to the deer, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God" (Ps. 42:2). In Celtic mythology, the stag leads souls through the dark forests. The stag's actions as leader of his herd in the wild are reminders of Christ's role as protector. This definitely fits for me as I feel like I am on a journey through a dark forest of brain tails.

Native American’s believe that people who have encounters with deer are intuitive; often appearing to have well developed, even extrasensory perceptions. Deer's medicine includes gentleness in word, thought and touch, ability to listen, grace and appreciation for the beauty of balance, understanding of what's necessary for survival, power of gratitude and giving, ability to sacrifice for the higher good, connection to the woodland spirits, alternative paths to a goal. The gentleness of Deer is the heart-space of the Great Spirit which embodies His love for us all. Deer teaches us to find the gentleness of spirit that heals all wounds, to stop pushing to get others to change and to love and accept them as they are. The only true balance to power is love and compassion.

All these things really hit home with me ~ message received ~

  • I will be lead through the dark forest ~ have no fear ~ I will be protected
  • there is beauty in balance
  • there are more than one path to my goal
  • gentleness of spirit heals all wounds
  • balance is about love and compassion ~ not about feeling dizzy 24-7




No comments: