Sunday, June 15, 2008

Say

I recently saw the movie ~ The Bucket List. John Mayer wrote a song for the movie, SAY. The song is catchy, but the lyrics have stuck with me ~ playing over and over in my mind. With the arrival of summertime and the unstable weather that has descended upon NY, the return of my headaches is a constant reminder that life is short and not a minute should be wasted.
I often find my mind wandering back in time ~ thinking about roads I wish I would have gone down ~ made different choices ~ wish I had taken more chances and said what was on my heart. I know that there are books ~ volumes of books stored up in my mind of things I wish I had said and didn't. But now ~ since the birth of this blog and the connections with people I have made through my ramblings here ~ I find myself sharing more and more of myself ~ speaking from my heart. I can't help it ~ life is too short not to connect on a heart level.

So, with that said, I encourage you to say what you need to say ~ heal broken relationships ~ muster up the courage and let your heart speak for you.


SAY ~ John Mayer


Take out of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so called problems
Better put them in quotations
Say what you need to say (8x)
Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead
If you could only Say what you need to say (8x)
Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You better know that in the end its better to say too much
Than to never to say what you need to say again
Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open Why?
Say what you need to say (25x)

1 comment:

Puglet said...

This is perfect. thank you.