Friday, January 19, 2007

Feeling Dizzy?

"Put you feet together, hold your arms at shoulder level, clasp you hands together and close your eyes". Those were the most hopeful, beautiful words I have heard in a long time! I was at the ENT (ear nose and throat doc) today. I was hoping and praying that my doctor would listen to me, really listen to me. She went over my symptoms and appeared to be concerned. The all too familiar phrase, "GREY AREA", came into the conversation as she told me that she wants to find some concrete evidence for my symptoms. As the appointment was winding to a close, she had me stand up to do some balance tests. I have done numerous balance tests over the past four months and nothing out of the ordinary has happened.
This time was different.
As soon as I closed my eyes, I fell backwards. I almost let out a 'wooo hoo!' right there in the office. FINALLY ~ proof that something is just not right in my head. I am filled with relief and a bit of trepidation as I wait expectantly for a battery of inner ear tests next month. Baby steps, the facts will be revealed, the truth is out there.

No comments: