Monday, August 25, 2008

Endless Thundering Motion

What is it about the endless thundering motion of the ocean that seems to wash all my cares and worries away? As soon as I can hear the sound of the surf, they become a vapor, a distant memory almost instantly. How can a force of nature have such healing powers over me?

Each summer, we make the pilgrimage to Cape Cod ~ usually we rent a house with family and friends and stay for a week. This year we are doing a quick weekend trip and we are going to experiment with roughing it, tent camping style. We plan on keeping it simple ~ tent, sleeping bags, bathing suits and don't forget the boogie boards.

I remember this time last year, walking along the beach, gathering a collection of rocks that resembled brain tails ~ thinking, this time next year, just possibly, I might be done with the whole brain surgery thing. Time seems to have a mind of it's own. Lately, my watch is literally speeding up with each day. I just reset my watch a month ago and it's already verging on being 20 minutes fast. I see the irony ~ time is speeding up ~ even though December seems a long way out there, time is flying by ~ seriously moving...

So ~ I am really looking forward to vacationing with the family this Labor Day weekend ~ praying that I am as pain and vertigo free as possible. Hoping for renewed strength and insight ~ cast my worries to the wind and let the ocean do it's job ~ restore strength and hope.

7 comments:

DYSFUNCTIONAL MOM said...

I love all the purple on your blog.
I love the ocean too, we visit St Augustine frequently and will be going there this weekend.
Wishing you the least possible amount of pre-surgery worry.....

E said...

Silly. It's all the sand in your ass that takes your mind off of everything else. Sand in your ass and every other orifice - you don't get it all cleaned out until Christmas.

Jenni Schaeffer said...

God made the oceans and the beaches and I believe it was for the very purpose of soothing us and relaxing us. Take care!! God bless!!

Lisa said...

Ooooooh. I so envy your trip. I hope you have a GREAT time!!!
Lisa

John said...

I can't wait either honey. Especially to spend some time with YOU!

E said...

still got sand in your ass?

Lisa said...

Waiting patiently for news of your trip! Get blogging, girlfriend!!! Seriously, hope all went well!