Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nothing Is Happening To Me By Accident

I get daily devotionals from The Purpose Driven Life and the message today really hit home for me. The message relates to this verse:

“Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.” (Psalm 139:16)

The devotional goes on to say that, "
Nothing is happening to me by accident. My moments were all thought up in the mind of God, and they are all geared toward shaping me for a particular service that no one but I can perform. God uses everything in my life – whatever I’ve experienced, whatever I’ve learned – to make me into a person fit for that which I can do in his Kingdom here on earth.

Therefore, if my life is that important, and God has already recorded it and mapped it out, doesn’t that make it even more compelling that I find out what it is that he has for me to do? This is not a chore; it’s a privilege and an adventure.

God does not intend to waste anything in my life, or yours. Our talents, gifts, and natural abilities all go together to make someone fit to serve."


This has given me great encouragement today to keep my eyes focused on the big picture.