Monday, May 13, 2013

Tears

Tears ~ I've been thinking about them a lot lately. I taught myself at a very tender age of TWO, to try my hardest to stuff my tears way down deep to the pit of my stomach. Hey, I  put on a smile that stretched from ear to ear and that worked for decades!

But once I allowed myself to feel my feelings as they bubbled up to the surface ~ there's no stopping the tears. They show up out of no where ~ on a sunny day when I think everything is right in the world. Recently, for the first time in my life I awakened myself out of a dead sleep to the sound of my own sobbing. We are talking crying so hard I can't stop ~ and I just might need a dry pillowcase cover and a full box of tissues.

I don't know exactly WHY this is happening now ~ but I have to say it gives me a  great sense that I am really alive and I haven't felt that way in a very long time. The most recent occurrence was this morning at 5 am. I remember the dream well ~ it wasn't a particularly emotional dream, but when I felt the e?motion swell within me like a tsunami ~ I could feel the ache in my chest as I tried desperately to hold back the swell of tears ~

When I think about it, most of my most favorite movies and TV shows have tearful moments. I've gotten a lot more comfortable with watching those scenes again and allowing myself to be swept up in the moment and cry alongside the characters.

Here are a few of my favorite tearful scenes ~ What are yours?