Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What A Heartfelt Acceptance Speach

Each year around Oscar time I try to make an effort to see as many nominated movies as possible. The Golden Globes is a good barometer for the Oscar nominations. I have already seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Burn After Reading, Mamma Mia, Tropic Thunder, The Dark Knight , Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E and The Reader. There are several films on my Netflix list: The Changeling, Rachel Getting Married & Vicky Christina Barcelona. The Academy Awards are on February 22nd so I should have time to see an handful of movies on my wish list.

Some movies have yet to be released in the theaters ~ maybe later this month ~ The Wrestler, Revolutionary Road, Last Chance Harvey, Slumdog Millionaire. I am thrilled that the films that have been heard to be Oscar worthy are not extremely violent in nature this year. I enjoy seeing an intricate drama that really gets under my skin, makes me really think about what matters in life. Last weekend I saw THE READER ~ what an incredibly hard story to tell. Fabulous acting all around, especially Kate Winslet. I am so looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road sometime, soon. The reunion of Kate and Leo is worth the price of the ticket. When Kate won her Golden Globe for RR I was so touched by her message to Leo ~ I posted her acceptance speech below. She addressed Leo in the beginning of the fourth minute ~ What a connection those two actors have together ~ simply magical!





1 comment:

jcubsdad said...

Not to be a nit picking ninny, but it is SPEECH...

No worries, I know what the pain pills do and I am happy to see you recovering so well.

Take care.